trackdaycars

tu foro de coches de ocio.. y vicio
Fecha actual Lun Jun 26, 2017 10:37 am

Todos los horarios son UTC + 1 hora [ DST ]

Welcome
IMPORTANTE - CONDICIONES DE USO

Todos los diseños y en general todos los contenidos de este foro están disponibles al público de acuerdo con los términos y condiciones de la GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL), versión 1.2 u otra posterior que haya publicado la Free Software Foundation. Esta disponibilidad afecta a cualquier uso de los contenidos ya sea copia, modificación, distribución y/u otros.

Nota: la propiedad de los contenidos es de sus respectivos autores. La GFDL es la licencia elegida, entre otras muchas publicaciones, para la totalidad de los contenidos de Wikipedia, así que no puede ser mala :nusenuse:

PROPÓSITO

Este chiringuito surge como evolución natural de la saga titulada "¿Coches estética Seven en España?":
http://www.forocoches.com/foro/showthread.php?t=108242
http://www.forocoches.com/foro/showthread.php?t=578991
http://www.forocoches.com/foro/showthread.php?t=851336

La migración se planteó en este post:
http://www.forocoches.com/foro/showthre ... st27445566

Que siga la fiesta :dancer2:

Se requiere validacion del registro por parte del administrador. Por favor cuentanos un poco sobre como has llegado hasta nosotros y cuales son tus intereses. Saludos.

Validation of registration is required by the administrator. Please tell us a little about how you come to us and what your interests. Greetings.

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 6 mensajes ] 
Autor Mensaje
 Asunto: Hello from Monza- Italy
NotaPublicado: Lun Ago 12, 2013 9:52 am 

Hello from Monza- Italy

Reporte este mensaje

Asunto: Re: Hello from Monza- Italy
NotaPublicado: Mié Ago 28, 2013 5:29 pm 

Hello from Rotterdam, The Netherlands!
Welcome to the forum!

Reporte este mensaje

NotaPublicado: Mié Ago 28, 2013 11:10 pm 

Cobra289 escribió:
Hello from Rotterdam, The Netherlands!
Welcome to the forum!

Thank you.

I've seen some great work of yours on other forums (Haynes forum) and looking forward to seeing more.

Best
Italo

Reporte este mensaje

NotaPublicado: Mié Ago 28, 2013 11:22 pm 

fuoriserie escribió:
Thank you.
I've seen some great work of yours on other forums (Haynes forum) and looking forward to seeing more.
Best
Italo

Hello Italo,
Thanks for the compliments.
I have done some work for Chris Gibbs. Also I did the 3D body work of his new "Single Seater" [F1 type] design.

Here I did the full design of the "LCCT" that use +/- a equivalent chassis as the Haynes [size matters]
But the suspension design and body is totally different.

The big problem is that everything goes very slow, you know economics etc.

I advice you to read this thread, that summarize the "LCCT" project.
http://trackdaycars.freeforums.org/galeria-del-lcct-t624.html

Best regards,
Cobra289

Reporte este mensaje

NotaPublicado: Jue Ago 29, 2013 11:43 am 

Cobra289 escribió:
fuoriserie escribió:
Thank you.
Best
Italo

Hello Italo,
Thanks for the compliments.
I have done some work for Chris Gibbs. Also I did the 3D body work of his new "Single Seater" [F1 type] design.

Here I did the full design of the "LCCT" that use +/- a equivalent chassis as the Haynes [size matters]
But the suspension design and body is totally different.

The big problem is that everything goes very slow, you know economics etc.

I advice you to read this thread, that summarize the "LCCT" project.
http://trackdaycars.freeforums.org/galeria-del-lcct-t624.html

Best regards,
Cobra289

Hi Cobra289,

I had read that you were working on the 3D bodywork for the single seater but everything has gone quiet...

Thanks for the link and I like your work on the new LCCT and it does lend intself to many different body styling options .

Maybe when you have time we can have all have some fun together, by thinking up different design to use over the exhisting LCCT chassis, what do you think ?

The economy is bad all over Europe and maybe it's the right time to re-think new designs for something simpler and cheaper to build and manufacture, by using a single donor approach and body design and maybe a smaller engine.

Have you ever thought about designing a threewheelers instead of a fourwheeler sportscar, something like a Morgan,http://www.morgan3wheeler.co.uk/

but cheaper to build and manufacture ( with a small block 750cc Moto Guzzi engine) ? an exo-skeleton chassis and minimum bodywork, just something like a Velorex Oskar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velorex

Maybe a new Open Source project for the forum if someone is interested to see the process of styling and engineering... :)

just an idea to have some fun in the forum for everyone to participate with ideas and comments.

Talk to you soon,

Ciao
Italo

Reporte este mensaje

NotaPublicado: Lun Sep 02, 2013 2:31 am 

fuoriserie escribió:

Hi Cobra289,
I had read that you were working on the 3D bodywork for the single seater but everything has gone quiet...
Thanks for the link and I like your work on the new LCCT and it does lend intself to many different body styling options .
Maybe when you have time we can have all have some fun together, by thinking up different design to use over the exhisting LCCT chassis, what do you think ?
The economy is bad all over Europe and maybe it's the right time to re-think new designs for something simpler and cheaper to build and manufacture, by using a single donor approach and body design and maybe a smaller engine.
Have you ever thought about designing a threewheelers instead of a fourwheeler sportscar, something like a Morgan,http://www.morgan3wheeler.co.uk/
but cheaper to build and manufacture ( with a small block 750cc Moto Guzzi engine) ? an exo-skeleton chassis and minimum bodywork, just something like a Velorex Oskar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velorex
Maybe a new Open Source project for the forum if someone is interested to see the process of styling and engineering... :)
just an idea to have some fun in the forum for everyone to participate with ideas and comments.
Talk to you soon,
Ciao
Italo

Hello Italo,
Yes the project of the single seater was done a wile ago and the people of Haynes Publications did accept the project.
But for some commercial reason or healthy problems of Chris Gibbs, the project has been stop or frozen for better times.
Has been a while sind's I have had contact with Chris Gibbs, so I don't have inside information.

I like the idea to work into a new concept, but at this moment don't want to interfere with the LCCT project.
You know the LCCT is not finalized yet and need some solutions.
The design is 99% done but the fabrication of some important components are still on hold.
Like the Windscreen and the body. The body is under way, but the windscreen needs to be started, very soon we will start with it.

Also there are details that needs to be consolidated and they depends of the final weight of the LCCT.
I am talking about the Springs and Dampers [Coilovers]
Once we have the LCCT on the wheels we can measure the weight and make the adjustments to the calculations all ready made.
There are serious calculations involved, I made a spread sheet with all the necessary calc's like the "Wheel Rate", "Spring Rate" "MR = Motion Ratio" and "ARB = Anti Roll Bar"
using determined selected figures for the "Natural Frequency" the "Desired Roll Gradient" and assuming the "Tire Rate"

With that, I have formulated the "ARB" the Dampers and the springs, that in conjunction with the suspension geometry will give us the character of the LCCT on the street and the track.
The calculated damper will be send to a manufacturer and will be asked to fabricate a damper with these characteristics.
Just a "LCCT" damper, custom made.

I don't want to miss this last bit and very serious part of the design, to guaranty to the owners of a "High End Car Suspension"
Something that most of the Kit Manufactures forget to do.

The last 30% of the job will be the track adjustments, something that can be done by the owners/builders.
You know there are some logical rules that says:
30% design, 30% build and 30% testing. the other 10% is just fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Therefore your ideas are interesting, but not at this moment.
That doesn't mean that you can't start to put some ideas on the forum.

The three wheel option is not on my list I know that "C0pi" [forum member] have had and I think it has some ideas in this direction.
My son did test one of these cars and was not impressed [we can say, very disappointed, clutch, amount of roll, etc.]

"Open Source" is a bit difficult, we are talking about cars and the designer has some responsibilities, you know, people can be kill with these fun cars.
This is, very different to a software open source, where you can arrange multiple updates and revisions.

We can't send the people on the street without brakes and say "Just go, at the time that you will need it, we will have some solutions"
That is the way that open source projects works, so I am not convinced at this moment, perhaps later..............

Design forms and concepts and nice surfaces is something for the artist, I am just an executor of forms. SolidWorks the software that I use is very difficult to work with surfaces.
Because it is against the true nature of the software.
Solid vs. Surfaces, two different worlds. That is the reason why the two worlds doesn't communicate. [software's]

Produce a new body is something that can be solves in very sort, if you have money or very long with a lot of work if you doesn't have that amount of money.
Machine of a nice form via CNC is very costly, so the solutions is build your own body on scale 1:1 and then start to produce molds, and other costly part.

Anyway you can start to define the concept and the ideas, chassis and suspension is not a big deal, but the other surround manufacturing parts are in my opinion a costly and time consuming parts.

Best regards,
Cobra289

Reporte este mensaje

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 6 mensajes ] 

Todos los horarios son UTC + 1 hora [ DST ]